The Law Office of Scott B. Riddle represents clients in corporate litigation, derivative actions, business torts, real estate and construction litigation and general business disputes throughout the state of Georgia.
Scott represents clients in many aspects of complex business and commercial litigation, including:
- Contract negotiation and disputes, including the negotiation of the sale and purchase of commercial and residential real estate, businesses or business assets.
- Trademark and trade secret disputes, including the use and disclosure of customer lists and other confidential information.
- Corporate governance disputes, including the representation of corporations and individual officers, managers and directors in breach of fiduciary duty proceedings.
- Derivative actions.
- Business torts.
- Lender Liability claims.
- Partnership, limited liability company and joint venture disputes.
- Employment agreements.
- Covenants not to compete and other restrictive covenants related to employment agreements or the sale of businesses.
- Temporary Restraining Orders and other emergency injunctive relief.
- Appeals in state and federal courts.
- Litigation in Bankruptcy Court.
- Real Estate and Construction Litigation.
Representative litigation cases in which Mr. Riddle has been involved include:
- Representation of commercial, residential and golf course developers in state and federal courts.
- Defense of former bank employee in breach of fiduciary duty case filed by FDIC in U.S. District Court.
- Representation of corporations and limited liability companies, and corporate officers, directors and members in breach of fiduciary duty and other corporate governance claims.
- The representation of parties in several of the most high profile cases in Georgia involving allegations of mortgage fraud.
- The representation of parties in high profile, multi-million dollar Ponzi and other fraudulent schemes in Georgia.
- Representation of parties in litigation filed in Bankruptcy Court, including preferential or fraudulent conveyances, breach of duty, and discharge actions.
In addition to the firm’s general business litigation practice, Mr. Riddle represents clients in Bankruptcy Litigation and Bankruptcy proceedings, including the representation of debtors and creditors in individual and business Bankruptcy cases. Please see the Bankruptcy page for further information.