The Law Office of Scott B. Riddle is highly experienced in the purchase and sale of assets in Bankruptcy and in out-of-court sales. We have represented Trustees, Receivers and Debtors in the sale of estate assets, and have represented bidders and purchasers of assets from bankrupt companies. We have also represented businesses and secured creditors in the liquidation of business assets in lieu of formal Bankruptcy proceedings.
Scott was featured in a special section in the June 15, 2012 edition of the Atlanta Business Chronicle. The feature article, entitled “Buying on the Brink,” discussed the risks and rewards of buying business assets and companies in Bankruptcy.
Our experience in the purchase and sale of assets includes the following:
- Representation of Chapter 7 Trustees in the sale of a multi-million dollar commercial office complex in Marietta, Georgia, and the sale of several tracts of undeveloped commercial and residential properties.
- Representation of a District Court appointed Receiver in the sale of a coin laundry business and several residential properties.
- Representation of a Chapter 11 Debtor in the auction and sale of substantially all assets of an environmental company.
- Representation of a bidder and purchaser of non-debtor subsidiaries of an international software company in Chapter 11.
- Representation of Trustee in the negotiation and sale of stock in a restaurant chain.